Account Handler - Manchester
- Position: Account Handler - Manchester
- Location: Manchester
- Provide a day-to-day technical, competent, responsive and efficient administrative service to clients.
- Client retention through the provision of a professional service to clients covering all aspects of their insurance arrangements; to advise, arrange and secure the appropriate cover at a competitive premium.
- To comply with regulatory requirements, industry codes of practice and the Company’s own procedures and rules.
- Must work on the principle of treating customers fairly and behave in an ethical manner.
- Liaise with Manager as to method of obtaining renewal information and preparation of renewal questionnaire
- To prepare complete, clear and accurate broking presentations in line with departmental standards, so that negotiations with underwriters produce the most competitive premiums and best insurance coverage for clients
- To process renewal and all other invoices and documentation within the office timescales
- To ensure that declarations in respect of year end adjustable policies are collected as soon as possible after renewal
2. Day to day servicing
- To ensure that all additional cover requested during the year is advised to insurers immediately and confirmed in writing.
- To keep Manager informed of significant developments
- To check and process policy documents/endorsements, together with invoices for accuracy prior to dispatch to clients
- To ensure that all records (file and computer) are accurate during the currency of the insurance to reduce Errors & Omissions exposure
- To ensure records are archived as appropriate
- To provide risk management data in an agreed format
- To refer all complaints to the Complaints Officer immediately
- To refer any potential Errors & Omissions immediately to Director and or Compliance Manager
- To provide a positive contribution to the team objectives
- To answer the telephone, ensuring that information given is accurately recorded
- To make records of all conversations and meetings with customers and/or insurers, or other relevant business contact
- To update knowledge of insurance market as & when developments occur
- To continue improvement in technical insurance knowledge
- To liaise with accounts department as and when required
- To carry out tasks which from time to time may reasonably be requested by a senior member of staff
- To ensure self-development through attendance at Technical Seminars, Courses, Professional Studies etc.
- To ensure diary checks are maintained
- Minimum of 3 years in the insurance industry preferably with Corporate account handling experience
- Acturis system – useful but not essential
- A background in on-line broking systems is required
- Excellent and accurate administration & communication skills
- Networking / influencing skills
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to utilise IT for maximum advantage
- Competitive salary depending upon qualification for role and experience
- Private Medical insurance, Life Assurance, Disability insurance