Broker - Surrey
- Position: Broker - Surrey
- Location: Surrey Broking Team (Egham or Redhill)
Who are we?
Verlingue are an established, prominent independent family-owned Insurance Broker & Employee Benefits Consultancy with the long-term vision of becoming the recognised leading business of this type in Europe. Operating from offices throughout France, Switzerland and the UK, Verlingue employ over 1,000 people, have income of around €100M and place nearly €2BN of premiums on behalf of clients.
In the UK we trade under the names Verlingue and NBJ London Markets.
- We employ 180 people and have offices located in Manchester, Egham, Redhill and London.
- Verlingue are leading corporate Insurance Brokers providing Insurance, Risk Management and Employee Benefit services to businesses and Private Clients.
- NBJ London Markets are a specialist Lloyds & London Market broker providing access to unique products and services with capabilities to place business internationally.
- We identify with high standards of knowledge, professionalism, and ethical practices throughout the organisation. We are recognised as part of an exclusive group of fewer than 200 Chartered Insurance Brokers.
- Ranked in the top 10 independent commercial insurance broking businesses in the UK, placing £135M of premium.
- Clients range from FTSE 250 to SME, HNW / connected Private Clients and other Retail brokers.
Our success is based around our people delivering high quality service, excellent working relationships and meaningful results for our clients and carriers, including provision of a single stop advisory service. We offer the certainty of long-term relationships to clients, our insurer market and our people. This sets us apart from our competitors.
Verlingue have established broking team in Manchester, we are currently replicating this in Surrey working with 2 experienced Brokers. The role will be based in one of our Surrey offices and the team will increase by a further Broker early 2022. The Surrey team forms part of the overall UK Broking team of 5 in addition to close connections with our established London Market Brokers.
Verlingue is fast-paced with strong growth plans. You will work closely with the business delivering an excellent service to our Clients, Colleagues and Carriers ensuring that the needs of the role and responsibilities are met.
Role objectives include:
Contribute to the good relationships between the different departments within the company
- Key CD = Client Director and CA = Client Advisor
Details the minimum requirement for skills, knowledge and experience on commencement of this role. It is expected that the person will meet a competent level within 6 months of joining the company.
- Minimum of 5 years in the insurance industry
- Excellent working knowledge of the insurance market
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills that fit the audience
- Excellent Carrier relationships
- Technically strong with excellent attention to detail
- Minimum Dip CII preferable
- Working knowledge of the Acturis system would be preferable
- A Can-do attitude with the ability to respond to challenge and problem solving
- Ability to work to under pressure with deadlines and multitask in order to get required work carried out
- A team player