- Position: Finance Administrator
- Location: Surrey
- To provide an efficient, high-quality service to the Company’s clients at all times
- Maintain an efficient and good relationship with Insurers and key partners at all times
- Demonstrates a clear technical knowledge in order to ensure efficient and compliant handling of client monies
- Maintain the level of accuracy and care required to complete the duties assigned at the appropriate standard
- Take pride, accountability and ownership in everything you do
- To assist the company in achieving its Business Plan
- To ensure that receipts for monies are promptly banked and accurately recorded, processed and allocated
- To ensure that insurer accounts are regularly reconciled and paid within the terms of credit and to ensure that any commission due to the company is collected within terms
- To ensure that any queries or differences arising from the insurer accounts reconciliations are effectively followed up, monitored and appropriately resolved
- To assist if requested to ensure the client bank account(s) are maintained on a daily basis and a monthly reconciliation is completed
- To help maintain effective credit control in respective of client premiums, fees and other amounts due to the company
- To produce and maintain such reports as requested to monitor the efficient process and control of the Insurance ledgers
- To notify the client money officer of any FCA client money breaches incurred within the functions of the finance department
- To notify your manager of any significant issues on the ledgers or potential exposures within the functions of the finance department
- To ensure introducer accounts are regularly reviewed, reconciled and settled within terms
- To help administer and monitor premium finance with Finance providers
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, insurers and other suppliers
- To immediately advise your Manager of any problem, issue or request which falls outside your authority, level of experience or knowledge, or which could in any way detract from your ability to achieve your work objectives
- To undertake any additional duties which have been specifically assigned to you and/or may be reasonably requested by your Manager or the Directors
- To comply with regulatory requirements, industry codes of practice and the Company’s own procedures and rules.
- To comply with FCA CASS 5, as updated, client money rules at all times.
- To ensure that any clients with whom you deal with are treated fairly at all times
- To be aware of and manage any potential conflict of interest
- To be aware of and report any potential instances of money laundering and financial crime
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of Insurance Broking Accounts
- Acturis System – required
- Lloyd’s market – preferred
- Online Banking
- Understanding of accounting principles and procedures generally and in respect of insurance transactions.
- Have an understanding of the Insurance market and insurance products.
- Have the ability to reconcile accounts effectively, follow up and resolve any queries
- Have the ability to effectively maintain client ledgers and an understanding of credit control.
- Have the ability to operate IT and the business’s main software applications as required i.e. Acturis, GPM, online banking and Microsoft packages, including the use of excel spreadsheets at an appropriate level.