Senior Consultant – Employee Benefits
- Position: Senior Consultant – Employee Benefits
- Location: Egham, Redhill or Manchester
As a senior consultant, your role will involve providing a high standard of consultancy support to a portfolio of clients operating across multiple business sectors. The role also involves prospecting and developing new business opportunities with the support of your colleagues.
As a senior consultant you will also provide support to the Sales Director on matters such as ongoing strategy and tactics to ensure we continue to achieve our ambitious growth plans.
Management of a portfolio of existing clients. (Ultimately this will account for c80% of the role)
- Providing ongoing support and consultancy across all of our propositions and services.
- Managing the renewal process of all lines of business with support from our support team.
- Identifying new sources of income through x-sell opportunities
- Delivering high levels of client service at all times.
New Business development. (Ultimately this will account for c20% of the role)
- Identifying and prospecting new client relationships with support from the wider team which leads to achievement of your own personal new business development objectives and targets.
- Work closely with marketing team to develop local marketing and events strategy.
- Collaboration across business units
- Work with colleagues across our other divisions to maintain and develop our “stronger together” collaborative culture to ensure that best practice and development ideas are regularly discussed and implemented across all business units including Credit, Insurance, Risk Management and Employee Benefits
- c10 years’ experience in the employee benefits sector in a customer facing consultancy role.
- Professionally qualified (or working towards) in relevant employee specialisms.
- Previous successful experience of business development in a similar environment.
- You will have a good working knowledge of all areas of employee benefits and likely to have particular expertise in one or two main areas.
- Committed to an ongoing programme of CPD.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven ability to engage and develop effective working relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coach and support colleagues and teams.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to negotiate with a diverse group of people at C-suite level.
- Competitive salary depending upon qualification for role and experience
- Private Medical insurance, Life Assurance, Disability insurance