Carrier’s Transit Liability
Documentation & Guidance
This page will assist you in progressing your claim and offer general advice and guidance relating to carrier’s transit liability claims.
- Claim Form - Please complete this with as much information as possible before memories fade– this will speed up the handling of your claim.
- Documentation – There can be quite a lot that is required:
- Relevant consignment/collection note – as evidence that goods were in your care and control at the time of the incident. This will also confirm the goods being carried and the transit involved.
- The written claim against you – This will show what is being said against you
- Signed delivery receipt – where delivery has been made/attempted.
- Contractual conditions applied to the transit – where contractual conditions are disputed by the claimant when limiting/defending liability.
- Written claim against the subcontracted haulier – if transit was subcontracted by you.
- Packing list/loading manifest/unloading manifest – where appropriate. These will show what was loaded on the trailer and conversely what was unloaded.
- Police Details - In the event of theft the crime reference number and police station involved and if possible copy references taken on the driver if they were employed after the inception of the policy.
- Freight invoice – What was raised by you to your client.
- Any Questions - If you are in doubt about anything, please give your Verlingue Claims Team a call.