Documentation & Guidance
- Claim Form - Please complete this with as much information as possible before memories fade– this will speed up the handling of your claim.
- Proof of Ownership - For lost/stolen items please provide proof of purchase, if unavailable, copies of manuals/instructions are helpful in identifying the item in question.
- Police - Remember claims of lost or stolen items must be reported to the police and a crime reference number will be needed.
- Photos – If you can provide any pictures of the damage or of the items that are missing they can be really useful
- Replacement - Many Insurers operate replacement item services. In view of this we advise that you check with your usual Verlingue Claims contact before proceeding with any replacement/repair.
- Additional Costs – Please start to keep a record of all your additional costs that you are incurring as a result of the damage and the possible financial impact to your business. This will help understand the size of your claim and what steps need to be taken early to protect your business.
- Any Questions - If you are in doubt about anything, please give your Verlingue Claims Team a call.