Here are some helpful documents to assist you in reporting an employers liability claim.
Documentation & Guidance
This page will assist you in progressing your claim and offer general advice and guidance relating to employer’s liability claims.
- Claim Form - Please complete this with as much information as possible before memories fade – this will speed up the handling of your claim.
- Record what happened - Please record only (1) what you yourself actually saw or (2) what you have been told by the injured person or a witness, stating who told you and when.
- Check the Employee’s Account - For example, if you found no evidence of a spillage when checking the area after being told of the accident, please state this clearly and state the date and time that you checked.
- Do not express opinions – Stick to the facts of the accident at this stage.
- Witnesses – Please forward the details of anyone who actually saw the incident. . Where no witnesses are identified, please give the details of anyone else in the vicinity at the time.
- Photos or Videos – If you can, please forward any photos or videos of the scene immediately after the incident happened.
- Process Documents/Risk Assessment – Please look to get these documents together for the work being carried out at the time of the accident as soon as you can
- Wages Details – These details will be needed as soon as possible for the injured person
- Any Questions - If you are in doubt about anything, please give your Verlingue Claims Team a call.